Aamras is a popular Indian dessert that is typically served with puris, a type of Indian fried bread. Aamras is made from ripe mango pulp that is blended with sugar and cardamom to create a sweet and creamy dessert that is perfect for hot summer days. The dish is especially popular in the western states of India, such as Gujarat and Maharashtra, where mangoes are abundant and widely enjoyed. Aamras is a simple and easy dessert to prepare, making it a perfect choice for a quick and delicious sweet treat.
Here is the recipe for Aamras:
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- In a blender, blend the diced mangoes until they form a smooth pulp.
- Add the sugar and cardamom to the blender and blend again until the mixture is smooth.
- Add water as needed to achieve a smooth and pourable consistency.
- Serve the Aamras chilled with puris.
This Aamras recipe is a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy the sweetness of ripe mangoes. The blend of sugar and cardamom adds a depth of flavor to the dish that perfectly complements the natural sweetness of the mangoes. Served with puris, Aamras makes for a satisfying and comforting dessert that is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it. So, next time you’re looking for a simple and delicious dessert idea, give Aamras a try and enjoy the taste of ripe mangoes in a whole new way!