Baby corn and peas masala is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that can be prepared quickly and easily in a pressure cooker. This dish is packed with the goodness of vegetables and flavored with a variety of spices, making it a perfect choice for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 cup baby corn, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the baby corn and green peas. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and water. Mix well and close the pressure cooker with its lid.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 whistles. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the lid and give the masala a quick stir.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
Conclusion: Baby corn and peas masala is a quick and easy dish that can be prepared in a pressure cooker. It is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner and can be enjoyed with chapatis or rice. This dish is not only delicious but also packed with the goodness of vegetables, making it a healthy choice for any meal.