Date cakes are a delicious and healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Dates are naturally sweet and packed with nutrients, making them a great substitute for refined sugar in baked goods. This recipe for date cakes is simple to make and requires just a few basic ingredients. The cakes are moist, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast or as a snack. They also keep well, so you can enjoy them throughout the week.
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin.
- Place the chopped dates in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Stir in the baking soda and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the date mixture until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These date cakes are a delicious and healthy treat that you can enjoy any time of day. They’re perfect for breakfast or as a snack, and they’re easy to make with just a few basic ingredients. The moist and flavorful cakes are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without resorting to refined sugar. Try making a batch today and enjoy them throughout the week!