Dahi wada, also known as dahi bhalla, is a popular Indian snack that’s typically deep-fried and served with yogurt and chutney. While it’s delicious, it’s not always the healthiest option. But with this fat-free dahi wada recipe, you can enjoy this tasty treat without any guilt! This recipe uses a combination of urad dal, moong dal, and poha to make soft, fluffy wadas that are then soaked in yogurt and seasoned with spices for a flavorful snack that’s easy to make and good for you.
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1/2 cup poha (flattened rice)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups yogurt, whisked
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- Soak the urad dal, moong dal, and poha in water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked dal and poha into a smooth paste.
- Add cumin seeds, grated ginger, and salt to taste to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava or griddle and drop spoonfuls of the batter onto it to form small wadas.
- Cook until the wadas are golden brown on both sides, then remove from the tava and let them cool.
- Once the wadas have cooled, soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to remove excess oil.
- Squeeze out the water from the wadas and arrange them on a plate.
- Pour the whisked yogurt over the wadas and sprinkle red chili powder, cumin powder, and chaat masala on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve chilled.
With this fat-free dahi wada recipe, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy snack that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of urad dal, moong dal, and poha creates a soft and fluffy texture, while the yogurt and spices add a burst of flavor. Plus, by using a non-stick tava or griddle and soaking the wadas in water to remove excess oil, you can enjoy this snack guilt-free. So the next time you’re craving dahi wada, try this recipe out and enjoy the taste of India without any added fat!