Filipino fruit salad is a popular dessert that’s often served at special occasions and holiday gatherings in the Philippines. It’s a colorful and refreshing mix of canned fruit cocktail, fresh fruits, and sweetened cream. The combination of flavors and textures makes it a crowd-pleaser, and it’s easy to customize based on your preference. This recipe is simple and straightforward, requiring only a few ingredients, and is perfect for a sweet ending to any meal.
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup papaya, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded young coconut
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks, mango, papaya, and shredded young coconut.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and condensed milk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream mixture over the fruit mixture and stir gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Chill the fruit salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Filipino fruit salad is a delightful dessert that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. It’s a refreshing mix of sweet and tart flavors, with the cream adding a luxurious texture to the dish. This recipe is a great starting point, but you can also add your favorite fruits and toppings to make it your own. So the next time you’re in the mood for a sweet and refreshing treat, give this Filipino fruit salad a try!