Leek and carrot soup is a perfect recipe for those who are looking for a healthy and comforting meal that’s easy to prepare. This soup is loaded with nutrients and fiber, making it a great option for anyone trying to boost their vegetable intake. The combination of leeks and carrots creates a rich and savory flavor that’s both warming and satisfying. Plus, this soup is super simple to make, making it an ideal choice for busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or thyme for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are softened.
- Add the chopped carrots and minced garlic to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or thyme if desired.
Leek and carrot soup is a simple and delicious way to enjoy the flavors and nutrients of these two veggies. It’s an easy and satisfying meal that’s perfect for chilly nights or whenever you’re in the mood for something healthy and comforting. Try making a big batch and storing it in the fridge or freezer for a quick and nourishing meal anytime. Enjoy!