Raagi laddoo, also known as sweetened finger millet flour balls, is a traditional Indian sweet that is made with ragi flour, jaggery, and ghee. This sweet is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Ragi is a rich source of calcium, iron, and fiber, while jaggery is a natural sweetener that is loaded with antioxidants and minerals. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty dessert option.
- 1 cup ragi flour (finger millet flour)
- 3/4 cup jaggery, grated
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan over low heat.
- Add ragi flour and stir continuously for 5-7 minutes until the flour turns aromatic and slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer the roasted flour to a mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, add grated jaggery and water. Heat on low heat and stir until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Bring the jaggery mixture to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until it becomes slightly thick.
- Add the jaggery mixture to the mixing bowl with roasted ragi flour.
- Add chopped almonds, cashews, raisins, and cardamom powder to the mixture.
- Mix well and let the mixture cool down slightly.
- Once the mixture is warm enough to handle, shape them into small balls (laddoos).
- Allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
Raagi laddoo is a delicious and nutritious Indian sweet that is easy to make and perfect for those who are looking for a healthy dessert option. Ragi flour is a nutrient-dense ingredient that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. The addition of jaggery adds natural sweetness to the laddoos and is a healthier alternative to refined sugar. The nuts and raisins in the recipe add texture and flavor to the laddoos, making them even more delicious. This recipe is perfect for festivals, special occasions, or as a healthy snack. Try this recipe today and enjoy the delicious and healthy goodness of raagi laddoos!