Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka is a popular Indian appetizer made with marinated cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and cauliflower, skewered and grilled in a tandoor oven or on a barbecue. The dish is known for its smoky flavor and is often served with mint chutney and onion rings. Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka is a vegetarian version of the famous Tandoori Chicken and is loved by people of all ages. In this article, we will discuss the recipe for Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka and how to prepare it at home.
Recipe for Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka:
- 200g paneer, cut into cubes
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wooden skewers
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, oil, and salt.
- Mix well to form a smooth marinade.
- Add paneer and cauliflower cubes to the marinade and mix gently to coat them evenly.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Thread the marinated paneer and cauliflower onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the paneer and cauliflower turn golden brown.
- Turn the skewers over and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the other side is golden brown as well.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings.
Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka is a popular vegetarian appetizer that is loved by people of all ages. It is made by marinating paneer and cauliflower cubes in a spicy yogurt-based marinade and grilling them in a tandoor oven or on a barbecue. The dish is known for its smoky flavor and is often served with mint chutney and onion rings. The recipe for Tandoori Paneer Gobi Tikka mentioned in this article is easy to make at home and is sure to impress your guests. So, go ahead and try this delicious appetizer at your next party or gathering and treat your taste buds to the delicious flavors of Indian cuisine.