Rasta Pasta is a vibrant and flavorful pasta dish that originated in Jamaica. This dish is known for its bright and bold flavors, as well as its use of colorful and nutritious ingredients. The dish is typically made with fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices, and is often served with a spicy tomato sauce.
Here is a recipe for a vegetarian version of Rasta Pasta:
- 1 pound of spaghetti or any pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green), chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped bell peppers and zucchinis to the saucepan and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper to the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the flavors have developed.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the cooked pasta with the sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
This delicious and healthy Rasta Pasta dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. With its bright and colorful ingredients, this dish is not only a treat for the taste buds, but also for the eyes. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a group, this dish is sure to impress and will leave everyone feeling satisfied and nourished. Enjoy this flavorful and vibrant pasta dish for a healthy and delicious meal that is sure to become a new favorite.