Capsicum chutney is a spicy and flavorful condiment made with bell peppers, onions, and spices. It is a great accompaniment to a variety of dishes like dosa, idli, rice, and chapati. The vibrant red color of this chutney adds a pop of color to any meal, making it not only delicious but visually appealing as well. This easy-to-make chutney is a great way to add some variety to your everyday meals.
Recipe for Capsicum Chutney:
- 2 large bell peppers (capsicum), diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 tbsp chana dal (split chickpeas)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and garlic. Fry until the dals turn golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions and green chillies and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the diced capsicum, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the capsicum is tender and cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until you get a smooth chutney.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the chutney with your favorite dish.
Conclusion Paragraph: Capsicum chutney is a delicious and easy-to-make condiment that adds a burst of flavor to any meal. This chutney is not only delicious but also nutritious as it is made with fresh bell peppers and onions. The use of spices like mustard seeds and cumin seeds adds a depth of flavor to the chutney. The best part about this recipe is that it can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. So, the next time you want to add some flavor to your meal, try making this quick and easy capsicum chutney.