Pizza is one of the most popular and beloved foods around the world. It’s a dish that can be customized to suit any taste or preference, and it’s also a great way to incorporate vegetables and other healthy ingredients into your diet. This stove-top method of making pizza is a quick and easy way to enjoy a homemade pizza without needing an oven. This recipe uses a combination of colorful bell peppers, tangy olives, and gooey mozzarella cheese, all on top of a crispy and delicious crust.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add in the water and olive oil and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of dough into a thin, circular shape.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Place one of the rolled-out pizza crusts in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the crust over and immediately spread half of the pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, capsicum, and olives.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Repeat with the second pizza crust and the remaining toppings.
- Slice and serve hot.
This stove-top method of making pizza is a great option for those who don’t have access to an oven or who are looking for a quick and easy way to make pizza at home. The combination of sweet capsicum, tangy olives, and gooey mozzarella cheese on top of a crispy crust is a delicious and satisfying meal that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. Plus, this recipe can be easily customized with your favorite toppings to create a pizza that’s uniquely yours.