Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? This healthy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge in something sweet while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The recipe uses fruit puree as a substitute for sugar and oil, making it a great alternative for those looking for a healthier option. So go ahead and satisfy your sweet tooth guilt-free with this delicious and easy-to-make healthy chocolate cake!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fruit puree (such as banana, pumpkin, or sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, fruit puree, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add milk to the mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This healthy chocolate cake recipe is a delicious and nutritious option for anyone looking for a guilt-free dessert. By using fruit puree instead of sugar and oil, this recipe reduces the amount of calories and fat without sacrificing taste. You can experiment with different types of fruit puree to create your own unique flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. So why not indulge in a slice of cake without the guilt?