Kacche kele ka kofta, also known as plantain dumplings, is a delicious and unique dish that is popular in Northern India. Made with raw plantains, spices, and herbs, these koftas are flavorful and have a crispy exterior with a soft and tender interior. They are served in a spicy tomato sauce that complements their flavor perfectly. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a vegetarian or vegan option that is easy to make and is full of healthy ingredients.
To make the kacche kele ka kofta, the raw plantains are first grated and mixed with besan (gram flour), spices, and herbs. The mixture is then shaped into small balls and deep-fried until golden brown. The spicy tomato sauce is made with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and a blend of spices. The fried koftas are added to the sauce and cooked until they are coated with the flavorful sauce.
This dish is perfect for a dinner party or a family gathering. It is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a stress-free option for hosting. The koftas can also be made in advance and frozen for later use, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights. Overall, kacche kele ka kofta is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that is sure to impress.
Here is arecipe for Kacche Kele Ka Kofta (Plantain Dumplings in Spicy Tomato Sauce):
- 4 raw plantains (kaccha kela)
- 2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Peel the plantains and grate them.
- Add gram flour, cumin seeds, asafoetida, and salt to the grated plantains. Mix well and shape into small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the plantain balls until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and sauté the chopped onions until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add pureed tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, and water. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried plantain balls to the tomato sauce and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Kacche Kele Ka Kofta is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner. The plantain dumplings are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they go perfectly with the spicy tomato sauce. This dish is easy to make and can be served with rice or roti. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a flavorful and nutritious meal.